This post contains affiliate links (ads), which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive some $$$ to keep this blog running.
The Mall of America is celebrating its 25th anniversary of being open so what is better than visiting this iconic mall. With traditional malls and stores closing throughout America, it was refreshing to go to the Mall of America and visit for a long weekend.
I recently spent about 36 hours in the Bloomington Area with my mom exploring everything the Mall of America has to offer.
1. Pick up a coupon book – At the Mall of America gift shop, you can purchase a $10 coupon book that in essence could save you hundreds! I went to the gift shop right as I exited the Radisson Blu but they have them all over the mall. Fun fact – the employee told me that you could pick up a coupon to purchase the coupon book, and she let me use the coupon in the book to buy the waters I was buying the book.
2. Map out your favorite stores – There are tons of stores, and the sheer amount of retailers can be overwhelming. Grab a map, and make a list of stores that you would like to visit. This way, you will know which stores you haven’t hit up yet if you get side-tracked bya department store or the amusement park
3. Take a photo with the iconic sign – I almost forgot to do this on my trip, but take a picture with the iconic sign. The sign was given a face lift in 2014 when the mall underwent an expansion.
4. Eat Lunch at the MOA – There is any restaurant you would want to eat at the Mall. We opted to eat at Cedar + Stone, Urban Table because I was able to book on OpenTable.com for extra points and used a check in offer from Yelp for one free appetizer. Happy hour starts at 3 pm so we were able to purchase a bunch of different appetizers to split. Mom and I opted for the Juicy Lucy Sliders, Spicy Cheese Curds, and the to die for Minnesota Cheddar Cornbread.
5. Take a ride in the amusement area – a family could spend an entire day just riding rides in this amusement area. When we first walked in, it was quite overwhelming to see this three-acre amusement park INSIDE of a mall! After much debate, we decided that we were going to do Fly Over America since we enjoyed Fly Over Canada so much in Vancouver. Check your coupon book for discounts on rides.
6. Eat some snacks – There are so many different eateries around the Mall of America, so make sure to bring your sweet tooth. I ended up buying cookies and coffee while I wandered around the mall. Both gave me the perfect sugar rush to continue with my shopping trip.
7. Attend one of the many events going on – the Mall of America has tons of events going on each week. Whether it is a concert just a special promotion, you should go and attend one of the events. While we were in town, we visited the Birthday Room and were able to enjoy some free popsicles, Fizzies, and raffles.
8. Eat Dinner in the MOA – There are hundreds of restaurants in the Mall of America, so why leave the property to dine somewhere else? Mom and I ate at Cantina Laredo and split the portobello fajita. The fajita was so massive that we were both stuffed at the end of dinner.
Happy 25 Years Mall of America – hope it is a great one and can’t wait to celebrate your next milestone.
Have you visited the Mall of America yet?
Pin for Later